Monday, July 23, 2012

Why does Disney send exciting emails when I need to go to bed early?!

So breaking news,

We all just received an email about putting housing preferences in!  This kind of throws all my plans off as I was leaving it to Disney fate.  Now that we have this option I'm preferencing.  I'm still not room mate matching but I guess this is a pretty good option.  No program to my knowledge has been able to do it this way so perhaps they are trialing it with our group.

I figured in light of this I would explain how the housing works as the most common questions I get asked have to do with where I'm living blah blah blah.

SO

For all the disney programs there are four housing complexes.  Vista, which is the oldest, largest and has the reputation for being the party scene, then there is Patterson Court which is the newest but also has the reputation of a retirement home, then there is Chatham Square which is somewhere in the middle.  Lastly there is the Commons, which seems very mysterious as only internationals doing cultural representative programs live there but they are apparently mega fancy, i.e. having in built laundries.  

I'm pretty skeptical with doing preference systems, except I figure if I was going with Disney fate anyway it doesn't make much difference.  So I put Chatham, Patterson and Vista, in that order.

Then we had to pick number of rooms, there are 2 people for each room and we had the option of a 2, 3 or 4 bedroom.  I put 2 bedroom as number one because that way I'm guaranteed a bathroom to each of the rooms.  Followed by 3 then 4.  

We also got to pick the level we wanted, 1, 2, or 3.  I really don't care about the level so i just went 1, 2, 3.


SO yes, that is housing.   Will just have to wait and see!  Less than two weeks!  And 8 Days till I leave!! EEEEEEEK!




No comments:

Post a Comment