Saturday, August 11, 2012

Traditions

Traditions.

We had to be at the bus stop at..  6.15.  AM!!  Which would usually be awful, except that I keep waking up super early, making it not that bad.  Except that it was a super long day.  They first went through this ridiculously boring e-learning module about ethics and the like which I'm sure I've done a few times before in other jobs I've worked.  

Once that was over with, the fun-er stuff began!  We were all in groups of five and someone had to be the leader, that person ended up being me!  So I got this Donald Duck Figurine, which was cool, cus I really didn't do anything.   We watched a few videos, talked about a bit of stuff, then went on a tour of the underground of magic kingdom.  If you didn't know Magic Kingdom (actually all the Walt Disney Parks) are built above ground, and below them they have these things called utilidoors, where cast members get to their location, as well as a way to transport stock.  Fun fact, they never empty the bins at Disney, the bins are all connected to a pipe system which the rubbish falls to.  We aren't allowed to take photos, so you can just make something up in your mind.

After our tour we went back to our class, where Mickey arrived with our Name Tags!  Yayy.  So with our name tags received, we were all set.  We also got our Blue ID's which get us into the park for free.

SOOO, A few of us went to Magic Kingdom that afternoon and rode Splash Mountain and the Haunted Mansion.

We didn't stay too long because we all started training bright and early the next morning, and will continue in my case for the next 6 days to have training from 8.30 - 5pm which requires a 7.22am bus.  Fun.

Although a couple of us went to CiCi's pizza which has all you can eat desert, pizza, pasta and salad for $6.   So pretty amazing.  

Anyway, I'm falling behind on this blog, but hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to update you all on training!  Yayy.

No comments:

Post a Comment